Monday, February 16, 2009

Leftovers:::Lisa

Perhaps it is radical for many of us in this advanced day and age, but to the Williams Clan...it is normal.

To be honest we actually eat leftovers several times a week, and only once in awhile do the younger ones complain because, hey, peanut butter is better. Sorry, my darling little ones...we are skipping the p.b. for a bit. Rat poop, no thank you.
So tonight we had...leftovers. I have to say that all of us did not eat the same thing. Brandon, Taylor, and I had the leftover chili that my wonderful husband made. He made it Saturday evening as I was in bed with a sinus headache. Oh yes, I will admit that I thought my head was going to explode...not a pretty sight. All I have to say is that on Sunday when we woke up I was able to go to Mass. My head was no longer throbbing as it was the night before. Yes, the chili was spicy, I was sweating like a pig while I was eating it, but it was delicious. I will have to get the recipe from him, but right now he is asleep.

The rest of the children had left over chicken breasts and red rice...aka Spanish Rice.

Boring, perhaps, but it hit the spot!

So, I am posting to give leftovers a shout out! They are good, and hey you can change them up a bit if you would like something different. Like the left over chicken could have been made into chicken tacos, by cutting them up, adding some olive oil, and throwing them into tortillas! Look at it as recycling...it is being green!

No comments:

Post a Comment